[CentOS] Adding an 'official' CentOS image to the Amazon EC2 (Electronic Compute Cloud)

Thu May 7 07:20:56 UTC 2009
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Jason Aubrey wrote:
> I don't know if it's xen under the hood or not (not much experience
> with this sort of thing).  However, 'xen' is mentioned in the
> following link which I'm following so perhaps it is xen related:
> http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSEC2/2009-03-01/DeveloperGuide/index.html?ami-via-loopback.html

fromw hat I can tell, they are just creating a temp yum repo conf file
to specify what repos to install from and calling it |yum-xen.conf for
some reason.   they then use that .conf file with yum like...    |

	||*|yum -c /|<yum_configuration_file>|/ --installroot=/|<image_mountpoint>|/ -y groupinstall Base

and install the 'base' group to the loopback mount, which populates the file system image.