[CentOS] OT: Photo Editor to reduce 272 photos to VGA at once

Thu May 7 13:08:29 UTC 2009
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

Lanny Marcus wrote:
> I returned from Bogotá and have a Folder with 272 photos that total
> 419.9 MB. I would like to email them to several people who were there
> for the concerts I attended. I have Picasa, gThumb (not really an
> Editor but I believe it can reduce the quality of photos) and The GIMP
> installed. Is there a way I can have a photo editor reduce all of them
> to VGA size, without doing that 272 times? The people who will receive
> them  are using M$ Windoze.  Also, they are in a folder and it doesn't
> seem possible to attach a folder in gmail. A good way to zip them up
> in one file that can be unzipped on Windoze boxes? TIA!
>
> P.S.
> I met people there who participate in the forum for my favorite
> singer. I suspect it would be equally interesting, to meet many of the
> people who participate in this Mailing List.

Why not upload to one of the online photo sharing sites like flikr or
google's picasa web albums, send a link and let the recipients worry
about whether or how to download copies?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com