[CentOS] 5.3 and XFS

Wed May 13 22:07:30 UTC 2009
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

Geoff Galitz wrote:

> FWIW, at FOSDEM 2009 Ted T'so said that he anticipated official XFS support
> from Redhat in the near future as they recently hired some experienced XFS
> engineers.
>
> It was not an official announcement of any kind, he was just speculating
> during a presentation on ext4. It's all just speculation until we see the
> goods, of course.

I think it is more than speculation - xfs support has already gone into
5.4 pre-release kernels at <http://people.redhat.com/dzickus/el5/> - the
change log includes:

- [fs] xfs: backport to rhel5.4 kernel (Eric Sandeen ) [470845]
- [fs] xfs:  update to 2.6.28.6 codebase (Eric Sandeen ) [470845]

Eric Sandeen is ex-SGI and I guess the experienced XFS engineer
mentioned ...

James Pearson