[CentOS] [OT] Anyone use a Blackberry?

Sat May 16 17:04:06 UTC 2009
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle <
mailinglists at mailnewsrss.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I know off topic, but I just cant get solutions and you all are always
> so helpful.
>
> I have a blackberry curve 8310 and I really need to keep track of
> clients, their e-mails, notes, pdfs, etc. basically everything about a
> customer.
>
> I want to deploy it here in my apartment (I have a static IP) and
> either have my BB connect or sync at the end of the day or something.
>
> I just cannot find a low cost (or free) solution where I can make this
> happen.
>
> Does anybody know of anything? I run OS X (primarily), Windows (for on
> the go on a netbook) and CentOS.
>
> -Jason

Hi Jason,

Unless you absolutely have to have groupware functionality + shared tasks,
shared calender, etc on your blackberry, and want to pay extra for PUSH,
it's not necessary to go this route.

Simply setup an IMAP server, and set your blackberry  to connect to the IMAP
server, This is how I do mine, and it work very well.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers