[CentOS] [OT] Anyone use a Blackberry?

Sat May 16 22:03:57 UTC 2009
Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers at gmail.com>

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle <
mailinglists at mailnewsrss.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys.
> Oh, I might not have been totally clear.
>
> What I want is to be able to have one record per person and inside that
> record see all invoices I have sent, their product serial numbers, all the
> e-mails, etc,etc Be able to send and receive or link e-mails to the
> customers record, etc.
>
> -Jason
>
> On May 16, 2009, at 10:04 AM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

Hi Jason,

What you're looking for has nothing todo with Blackberry then. Blackberry
essentially is a "protocol" like MS Exchange, and they produce their own
phones as well.

Treat the blackberry handset as any other mobile / handheld / PDA  device :)

What you're looking for is some sort of SQL database type program, and if
you want to invoice clients as well, I suggest you look for a PHP+MySQL type
billing manager. phpCoin is free and will do what you want, store everything
in one central place, allowing you to access the records from your
blackberry / PC / laptop / friend's PC / internet cafe, etc. We use WHMCS
for our hosting billing and I can do exactly what you want todo. What's
quite nice, is if I'm on holiday and I want to check up on a client's
details (payments / support tickets / contact details / etc), I can use my
Nokia E61 (which for me works better than the blackberry phones), or any
internet cafe, or my wife's Titan HTC Touch.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers