[CentOS] centos 5.2 install: mbr or no bootloader ?

Tue May 19 13:08:33 UTC 2009
Julian Thomas <jt at jt-mj.net>

On Mon, 18 May 2009 15:58:26 -0700 jackson byers wrote:

>One peculiarity:
>I believe I was given the choice of:
>--installing the bootloader into mbr
>or
>--no bootloader install
>
>I did not want my mbr overwritten, so  I chose  no bootloader
>
>Why is there no choice of 1st sector of root partition?
>
>or did I just miss it?

You need to select 'install bootloader' to the hard disk, and then advanced options, where you can tell it to install
it to /boot instead of MBR. You should have created /boot in the partitioning stage.

I assume you are using some other boot manager.

--
 Julian Thomas:   jt at jt-mj.net    http://jt-mj.net
 In the beautiful Genesee Valley of Western New York State!