[CentOS] PHP 5.2 or greater availability

Tue May 19 17:18:42 UTC 2009
Kaplan, Andrew H. <AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG>

Hi there --

Thanks for the info...I added the c5-testing repository, and the package updated
successfully.

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of
Steve Walsh - Nerdvana Hosting
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 1:42 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] PHP 5.2 or greater availability

Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:

> Hi there --
>
> Is there a repository that has php version 5.2 or greater available
> for use with the Centos 5.3 distribution?
> This includes the development libraries package. Thanks.

There's packages in testing (
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories  /
http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/CentOS-Testing.repo) rebuilt from the
RHWAS packages. The more people use them and provide feedback, the
quicker they'll hit a more mainstream (ie - centos) repo;

[evil at centos-boxen ~]$ sudo yum info --disablerepo=*
--enablerepo=c5-testing php
<snip>
Available Packages
Name       : php
Arch       : i386
Version    : 5.2.6
Release    : 2.el5s2
Size       : 1.2 M
Repo       : c5-testing
Summary    : The PHP HTML-embedded scripting language
URL        : http://www.php.net/
License    : PHP
make it easy for developers to write dynamically generated webpages. PHP
also offers built-in
           : database integration for several commercial and
non-commercial database management systems, so writing a
database-enabled webpage with PHP is fairly simple. The
           : most common use of PHP coding is probably as a replacement
for CGI scripts.  The php package contains the module which adds support
for the PHP language to
           : Apache HTTP Server.

[evil at centos-boxen ~]$sudo yum search --disablerepo=*
--enablerepo=c5-testing php
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, protectbase
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
Matched: php
php-pear.noarch : PHP Extension and Application Repository framework
php.i386 : The PHP HTML-embedded scripting language
php-bcmath.i386 : A module for PHP applications for using the bcmath library
php-cli.i386 : Command-line interface for PHP
php-common.i386 : Common files for PHP
php-dba.i386 : A database abstraction layer module for PHP applications
php-debuginfo.i386 : Debug information for package php
php-devel.i386 : Files needed for building PHP extensions
php-gd.i386 : A module for PHP applications for using the gd graphics
library
php-imap.i386 : A module for PHP applications that use IMAP
php-ldap.i386 : A module for PHP applications that use LDAP
php-mbstring.i386 : A module for PHP applications which need multi-byte
string handling
php-mysql.i386 : A module for PHP applications that use MySQL databases
php-ncurses.i386 : A module for PHP applications for using ncurses
interfaces
php-odbc.i386 : A module for PHP applications that use ODBC databases
php-pdo.i386 : A database access abstraction module for PHP applications
php-pgsql.i386 : A PostgreSQL database module for PHP
php-snmp.i386 : A module for PHP applications that query SNMP-managed
devices
php-soap.i386 : A module for PHP applications that use the SOAP protocol
php-suhosin.i386 : Advanced protection system for PHP installations
php-suhosin-debuginfo.i386 : Debug information for package php-suhosin
php-xml.i386 : A module for PHP applications which use XML
php-xmlrpc.i386 : A module for PHP applications which use the XML-RPC
protocol

(non-relevant packages removed for clarity)