[CentOS] Auto-installing security updates?

Mon May 25 13:05:25 UTC 2009
Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se>

Behalf
>Of Robert Heller
>Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 2:52 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Auto-installing security updates?
>
>The *Intel* WiFi-NIC (Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini
>PCI Adapter) on my IBM Thinkpad X31 worked mostly out-of-the-box.  I
>just needed to download the firmware and I was up. So did the SMC Ez
>Connect PCMCIA card I used on my previos laptop (I think it was a
>prism54 flavor), also once I snarfed the proper firmware for it.

I think the prism-variety you mention is what's used with the wifi-NIC on a
desktop I have, that I wanted to run MythTV on but haven't had any luck with
yet.

The firmware you mention, is that used with dkms or something like that?
--
/Sorin