[CentOS] Auto-installing security updates?

Mon May 25 14:15:15 UTC 2009
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]
Sorin,
I have installed and used CentOS on laptops just fine. The last two even
had the internal wireless work without effort. You may need to do some
work to get the wireless functioning okay - NetworkManager seems to help
if you use both wired and wireless.
For me the advantage of using CentOS is that all machines have the same
stuff in the same place, so I do not waste time looking for files and
trying to work out how Ubuntu or whatever distro does something.
Also, I keep a local mirror of updates so I only need to use bandwidth
once to get my updates.
I used to use Fedora, but got annoyed at having to do complete updates
every 12 ~ 18 months.
I'd just try it and see, one can always grab another distro if CentOS is
really too difficult to get functioning.
Rob