[CentOS] resolving names it is really slow slow with CentOS5.x using named

Mon May 25 21:05:44 UTC 2009
carlopmart <carlopmart at gmail.com>

RobertH wrote:
> ive read most of the thread, yet not all. forgive me as i might have missed
> some of this below in helping...
>
> carlopmart,
>
> what is in your /etc/resolv.conf

search hpulabs.org
nameserver 127.0.0.1

> is it configured correctly?
>
> are you using ipv6?

no.

> if not, is it fully disabled / turned off?
>
> in modprobe.conf put
>
> alias net-pf-10 off
> alias ipv6 off

I have configured this previously ..

> reboot...
>
> also, are you loading those other opsys on the same machine and getting good
> results or different machines?

I have good results using different operating systems but using same hardware ..

> testing other opsys on different hardware could be problematic.
>
> did you bother to check the physical ports to see if any problems in the
> switch or with ethtool on the server interface ?

No, I didn't do it because i have good results using other opsys ...