[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS 5 i386 - The CentOS-5.3 i386 Live CD is released

Wed May 27 09:25:24 UTC 2009
Radu-Cristian FOTESCU <beranger5ca at yahoo.ca>

> Yes. We had some issues with our mirror network which we
> wanted to resolve before announcing the Live CD, so that
> the CD would be available on all mirror carrying CD isos.

Ouch, didn't know that there were mirroring problems.

> > Also, how come it only includes FF 3.0.6? This is
> terribly weird IMHO.
>
> It went through QA before the release announcement, which
> also took some time.

OK. However... this is still ridiculous, given the dates when CentOS has released FF updated packages:
firefox-3.0.6  = 04-Feb-2009
firefox-3.0.7  = 01-Apr-2009
firefox-3.0.9  = 23-Apr-2009
firefox-3.0.10 = 28-Apr-2009
5.3 LiveCD     = 19-May-2009

Just updating 1 (one) package and regenerate the CD... how much would it have taken to test the result? Note that the updated package was part of CentOS 5.3 since April 28 already. (Sigh.)

All right, nothing would change now anyway. But it's still ridiculous to ship a FF issued in February 4!

Regards,
R-C

http://www.flickr.com/gift/