[CentOS] Adding a kernel module to the ISO/installer initrd?

Thu May 28 17:59:27 UTC 2009
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs.com> wrote:

> Because of the sheer number of box (re)installations we do that have a CentOS base, I've converted our provisioning process to PXE. However, I've found that an alarming number of motherboards are coming with the Realtek RTL8168 ethernet controller onboard. When the system boots, it cannot find an ethernet controller and the installer process hangs.

Sorry, this is not about the mkinitrd stuff, but I just wanted to
refer you to this useful forum post by Alan Bartlett because you are
dealing with hardware that requires the Realtek 8168 driver:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=thread&topic_id=19428&forum=40&post_id=75910

Hope this helps,

Akemi