[CentOS] looking for better graphical download manager for X / KDE / Gnome

Sun May 31 17:01:42 UTC 2009
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 03:28:57PM +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I currently use kget to download files, but find it lacks a lot of
> > features, like bandwidth throttling, auto-resume when internet
> > disconnects & reconnects, download from multiple locations, browser
> > integration, etc.
>
> I use "DownThemAll" which is a firefox extension.

I've used "Downloader for X" (a.k.a. "D4X") in the past and found it
to be pretty good. However, just this morning when I went to look for
it I found its homepage seems to no longer exist, though there are a
number of places from which it can still be downloaded.

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.