[CentOS] NTFS and elrepo

Ron Loftin reloftin at twcny.rr.com
Sun Nov 1 04:14:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 23:39 -0400, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
> On Saturday 31 October 2009 20:12, Ron Loftin wrote:
> > I have here a box which I dual-boot between CentOS 5.4 and an older
> > version of that "other OS" that I'm using to check out the ELrepo
> > version of kmod-ntfs.  After installing as per the directions on the
> > ELrepo site, I can mount an NTFS filesystem, and when I type "mount"
> > with no options the output tells me that the target filesystem is
> > mounted read-write.  However, when I try to create a file on that
> > filesystem as root, I get a "Permission denied" error, which leads me
> > to think that I'm missing something here.  So far, Google has not
> > been very helpful here, so if anyone can shine some light on this, it
> > would be welcome.
> Try using "mount -t ntfs-3g" rather than "mount -t ntfs". You may have
> to install fuse-ntfs-3g.

I think that you have misunderstood my question.  I know how to do it
with the packages from RPMforge ( which is where I get fuse-ntfs-3g )
but I'm trying to evaluate the kmod-ntfs package from ELrepo.org.  There
seems to be something I'm not understanding about this approach, or I'm
not finding the correct documentation for it.

Ron Loftin                      reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"       Piter from UserFriendly