[CentOS] Problem mounting CIFS shares with credential file after SAMBA update

José María Terry Jiménez jtj at tssystems.net
Sun Nov 1 11:37:15 UTC 2009

Hello all,

This morning i updated my CentOS (5.4) and that included:

I have several mounts if fstab using a .credentials file that worked
until i rebooted with this updates.

I remember time ago was an issue with the format of credentials file
(something about a LF at the end or something else)

I've checked the file, added spaces between "=", added a line at the
end, between username and passwd... but it doesn't work, i always get an
error like (when i do mount -a):
mount error 13 = Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

(this is repeated for every CIFS share mounted in fstab)

If i mount it "by hand" it works fine:
# mount -tcifs -ousername=xxxx // /media/xxxxx

And then, if i do a mount -a then works! (until i reboot, of course)

# mount -a

Do anyone knows what is happening?

Jose Maria

Scanned with Copfilter Version 0.84beta3a (ProxSMTP 1.6)
AntiVirus: ClamAV 0.95.2/9971 - Sun Nov  1 03:25:12 2009
by Markus Madlener @ http://www.copfilter.org