[CentOS] No entry in /var/log/boot.log

Rod Rook rod.rook at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 18:10:59 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Robert <kerplop at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Rod Rook wrote:
>
> > Robert, I responded to Lee's statement which referred to
> > http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2009-October/083346.html
> > It is all there if you follow the thread.
> > Anyway, you agree with me that there is a bug or bugs in CentOS 5.4.
> > As I said earlier, it is not a critical matter, but it does not
> > instill confidence in me about CentOS distro. What other bugs are
> > there? The interesting thing, at least to me, is that there seems to
> > be conspiratorial silence about such bugs. Nobody wants to speak ill
> > of their beloved distro?
> I'm sure there are other bugs.  I'm equally sure there's no "conspiracy
> of silence" here, though.  I guess the bug tracker would no longer exist
> if that was the case...
>
> Robert,
Thank you for having found some other sources to say it is a bug.
Having used Fedora 8 and 10 for a long time and Fedora 11 for a few months
and never experienced this in these distros, I can say this bug occurs only
in old versions of Red Had distros like CentOS.  Now that I know this is a
bug, I will move on hoping that others will solve the problem