[CentOS] Zimbra help?

Corey Chandler lists at sequestered.net
Wed Nov 4 19:05:39 UTC 2009

Neil Muller wrote:
> On 03/11/2009, at 8:06 PM, Corey Chandler wrote:
>

>> ML wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Is anyone versed in Zimbra?
>>>
>> Extremely-- and I know that Zimbra is flat out not supported under
>> CentOS, by their own decision.  If this is community edition, it's a
>> different kettle of fish entirely.
>>

> I run Zimbra (commercial) on Centos for my employers and there is no
> problem running Zimbra on Centos or on getting support from Zimbra for
> Zimbra on Centos.  Where did this idea of "no support for  Zimbra on
> Centos"  come from?

Citation:
http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announcements/14116-centos-not-supported.html

Based upon my experience with Zimbra (and other similar vendors), I'm a
big fan of NOT having anything that they don't explicitly support
touching the Zimbra box.  It helps keep the fingerpointing to a minimum
when things end up going wrong; if they can point to the OS as a reason
to claim a box is "unsupported," they will; compared to the cost of a
Zimbra license, the $400 or whatnot for RHEL is inconsequential.

-- Corey / KB1JWQ