[CentOS] Spacewalk or Puppet?

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Thu Nov 5 16:15:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>> Were you around back in the late 90s when redhat shipped a
>> broken gcc? :) Even today redhat seems to have the biggest
>> mind share and perhaps

> That was 2.96, I think?

or perhaps you refer to egcs, which was an earlier effort to
poke a stick in the lagging FSF effort

not to troll here, but the argument may be made that the 2.96
demoninated gcc variant was more stable (less 'broken') than
its upstream at like level.  Bero is long gone from Red Hat of
course, but I have an archival copy of his statement here:
 	http://www.owlriver.com/tips/gcc-296-bero/

May we have a new Subject on this drifted thread if it
continues, please?

-- Russ herrold