[CentOS] vsFTP Question

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Thu Nov 5 19:50:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 03:44:55PM -0400, Victor Subervi wrote:
> Hi;
> Now that it's installed, how do I start it and add a user? I can hardly
> believe there is *no* documentation!

	"man service" to learn how to control services.

	"man chkconfig" to learn how to enable/disable services which
	run at system boot and also to list known service names.

	"man rpm", specifically the "query" and "query list" features to
	learn where a package keeps it's files.  For vsftpd this will
	point you to /usr/share/doc/vsftpd* where there is a good amount
	of documentation present.

	Taking the time to read the documentation and man pages provided
	by CentOS will save you considerable time in the future.

"My other computer is your windows box." - Ralf Hildebrandt