[CentOS] No driver to Intel

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Nov 6 03:42:56 UTC 2009

eduardo cruz wrote:
> I have a server hp proliant dl160g6 and i'm installing debian 5 but
> the network interface dosn't have support, anyone could help me, my
> netword card is broadcom netxtreme gigabit Intel 82576.

If you meant CentOS 5, this
says RHEL 5.3+ should support it, therefore CentOS 5.3+ should, too.

If you actually meant Debian, well, I dunno.  This is the CentOS support

Whats a Broadcom Intel nic?  Its either got Intel, or its got Broadcom.

Now, this,
seems to indicate they could have either E1000e (Intel) or Broadcom,
somewhat confusing.