[CentOS] recommend benchmarking SW

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 18:20:52 UTC 2009

> http://lethargy.org/~jesus/writes/disk-benchmarking-with-dd-dont

BTW, while I'll admit up front that Theo is probably a lot better at
this stuff then I will ever hope to be (just starting to read his
book), I don't see a reason in that post as to why not.   Other than
"because I said so".  He runs some tests and assumes we know how to
draw the same conclusions from them that he does, but does not really
explain what those conclusions are.   Now go back to my first clause
of my first sentence .

Not that I would think of using this as my only benchmark - I will
still be doing the dd benchmarks.