[CentOS] administering an MS Windows partition under Linux

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Nov 6 20:13:00 UTC 2009

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:24 PM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:
> > Boris Epstein wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
> >
> > Pretty off topic but go build a PE disk, that is your
> > best bet
> >
> > http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
> >
> > You'll need your original OS media.
> >
> > nate

> Thanks Nate!
>
> Unfortunately, this is no longer an option as these days when you buy
> a Windows PC you do not get any installation media, merely a recovery
> CD/DVD. Yes, you are reading this right - you are paying money for the
> OS but you ain't getting no disks with it!

NO, you were *never* paying for the OS!  When you 'pay' for MS-Windows
you are paying for the right to USE a COPY of it.  You do not *OWN*
anything.  Microsoft *does not sell* the O/S, only licenses to use it.
MS is just getting 'smart' -- by not shipping a installation disk with
OEM copies they are just preventing pirating.  Read the EULA.