[CentOS] Inquiry:Mainboard type?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Nov 7 06:11:07 UTC 2009

hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I check for my
> CentOS mainboard type ? Please be informed that I want to know if it
> is as EPIA 500 or EPIA 600 and I am seeking a way to check it as we
> check for our HDD type via /proc/ide/hda/model . Can you please let me
> know where such an info can be checked via /proc folder ?

I'd probably use the output of `lspci` and compare the PCI devices with
the features of those two boards, assumign there is some obvious
difference, like different northbridge chips or whatever (i'm not very
familiar with the EPIA stuff)

lshal may or may not tell you what brand and model board it is.