[CentOS] administering an MS Windows partition under Linux

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 03:13:28 UTC 2009

> Reinstallation repairs reinit the registry which borks all the
> applications installed, so it is always better to just reinstall.

Not since XP. I've done half a dozen or so "Repair" installs of XP
over the last couple of years and to date I don't think I've lost an
app's config due to the re-install itself. The losses of apps were
usually due to any corruption of the filesystem, missing files or the
app's registry entries.

That said, it's always preferable in XP to start fresh if it's that
bad. Sometimes you can't though.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie