[CentOS] Client backup solution with web interface

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Thu Nov 12 12:39:55 UTC 2009

On 12.11.2009 14:20, Stephen Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 02:00:57PM +0200, Jussi Hirvi wrote:
>>> The authenticity of host ##.##.##.## can't be established.
>>> RSA key fingerprint is ##########.
>>> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
>
> This is ssh asking the question.  You can disable it; "man ssh_config"
> for details.

Ok, thanks! (I confess I am lazy.) I found
>     CheckHostIP
>              If this flag is set to "yes", ssh will additionally check the
>              host IP address in the known_hosts file.  This allows ssh to
>              detect if a host key changed due to DNS spoofing.  If the option
>              is set to "no", the check will not be executed.  The default is
>              "yes".

...and added to my backup script the following option:
ssh (......)  -o  CheckHostIP=no

This helps me some way.

But still another problem persists: the ip keeps changing. That is why I
want the client (person) to start the script by a web interface. That
way I could pick the ip up from the httpd log, or with some server-side
script... Any ideas how to do this?

Regards,
Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland