[CentOS] EMERGENCY: Server Crash

Victor Subervi

victorsubervi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 17:40:54 UTC 2009

Hi;
I went to install some s/w and it looked like there was a problem with
openssl. So I decided to uninstall it (yum remove) and reinstall it. When I
went to reinstall, I discovered I couldn't use yum. Then I discovered:

[root at 13gems qmail-1.03]# yum install openssl
-bash: /usr/bin/yum: No such file or directory
[root at 13gems qmail-1.03]# man yum
Floating point exception
[root at 13gems qmail-1.03]# cd /
[root at 13gems /]# mkdir yum
mkdir: error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1: cannot open
[root at 13gems /]# wget
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download/2.0/yum-2.0.7.tar.gz
-bash: /usr/bin/wget: No such file or directory
[root at 13gems /]# ls /usr/bin/
ls: error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1: cannot open
[root at 13gems /]#
[root at 13gems /]# python
-bash: python: command not found
Please advise ASAP!