[CentOS] On-Boot Scripts

Keith Keller kkeller at speakeasy.net
Sat Nov 14 17:29:55 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 09:18:31AM -0400, Victor Subervi wrote:

> Man, Scott, you've hit it on the head! Gotta be honest. My name isn't
> "Victor Subervi". I've changed names on these lists so many times just to
> escape all the *#*%)+_& people throw at me, and I'll be changing names again
> after this post. What you all gonna do about it? Grow up! Treat people as
                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> you would like to be treated. Bye!
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Would you like people to contact you for help, and when you asked them
to change how they interact with you, change their name/phone number and
continue to ask?

Perhaps you should be asking yourself why it is you are receiving all
the *#*%)+_& people throw at you.  Simply changing your public name is
addressing a symptom, not the cause, of the *#*%)+_&.  (And eventually
list administrators tire of this abuse of the list resources, and may
even try to track how you subscribe in order to block future
subscriptions.  It's very rare but has been done.)

--keith

kkeller at speakeasy.net