[CentOS] On-Boot Scripts

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sat Nov 14 19:26:15 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 01:57:40PM -0500, Ron Loftin wrote:

> John, I believe that you have summed up well enough the image that the
> person posting on this list as "Victor" stated as his position.  What
> you are not saying is how obvious it is that he knows VERY little about
> Linux and/or Unix in any form.  The questions he has been posting make
> it obvious that he is painfully lacking in practical experience in any
> OS that is subject to discussion on this list.

	The lack of knowledge is fine; not everyone is an expert.  The
	laziness and sloth, however, isn't fine.  I can't speak for
	others, but my specific issue with the whole entitlement
	thing is the fact that some people are just plain lazy and
	refuse to lift a finger or exert any effort to help themselves
	and yet expect others to do so for them.  Sorry, I don't play
	that game.  Had he shown *any* effort to resolve these issues
	on his own most people would have gone the extra mile to help
	him.

> As such, I have resorted to just deleting without any consideration any
> message from him, and most of those in threads I recognize as started by
> him.

	I had already planned on bit-bucketing him until I saw his
	latest reply and it rankled to the point that I needed to
	say something, however out of place and unwanted my comments
	might have been.

							John

--
There are men -- now in power in this country -- who do not respect
dissent, who cannot cope with turmoil, and who believe that the people of

John V. Lindsay (1921-2000), US politician, Congressman, Mayor of New York City