[CentOS] Adaptec SCSI Card 2930LP supported by CentOS 5.x?

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Mon Nov 16 15:43:17 UTC 2009

----- "Rainer Duffner" <rainer at ultra-secure.de> wrote:
> Except that nowadays, some cheap desktop-motherboards may not know
> how
> to enable booting from such a card.
> It's years since I used SCSI-drives for desktop-use - and then it was
> workstation-class Dual-Xeon board, Socket 604.
> So I can't say if this is still true today - but I've read that
> people
> have problems like that.
>
> Rainer

I've actually found that even in some systems that can boot from addon cards properly, there are still some cards that are not "bootable". In fact, I have a 29160LP that would not show up as a bootable option in a half dozen servers I tried. This includes anywhere from custom built boxes to nice upper end Dell units. YMMV...

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105