[CentOS] Question about the ahci kernel module: missing in the CentOS (4) Plus kernel

Robert Heller

heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Nov 16 17:58:45 UTC 2009

Is there some reason the ahci kernel module is *missing* from the
2.6.9-89.0.16.plus.c4 kernel?  It is in the standard 2.6.9-89.0.16.EL
kernel. Is this due to an oversight or is there some sort of conflict?

I wanted to add IEEE1394 support to my system running CentOS 4.8.  I
*looks* like what I need to do is download the kernel SRPM and patch the
config to include the IEEE1394 modules and re-build the kernel from
source. Arg...

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933