[CentOS] my local mirror stopped working

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:20:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com> wrote:

> rsync  -avSHP --delete --exclude "local*" --exclude "isos"
> rsync://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/centos/5.3/
> /var/www/html/ks/centos/5.3/

This is your issue. Your rsync command  calls the minor version
specifically, which can be a bad thing.

Now that 5.4 has been released, 5.3 is going away, and will be (if it
hasn't already) removed from the mirrors.

If you're going to call it out specifically by version, you'll want to
pay close attention to when the release announcements for new versions
come out.

George Orwell