[CentOS] Intel i7-940, DX58S0 motherboard, Radeon X1950 Pro video card

Frank Cox

theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Nov 19 06:34:01 UTC 2009

This computer is my main desktop machine --- an Intel i7-940 CPU and DX58S0
motherboard with a Radeon X1950 Pro video card. It's currently running Fedora 11
and working just fine.

However, I have been slowly moving all of my "computer stuff" off of Fedora
and onto Centos, and this (and my Acer Aspire One laptop) are the only Fedora
installations that I now have left.

Does anyone have any experience with this CPU, motherboard and video card on
Centos? This hardware (sound, video, ethernet, what-have-you) works fine on
Fedora 11; can I expect it to also work fine with Centos 5.4?  The ethernet
isn't a big deal because I can easily slap another network card into it, but
the rest isn't quite so easy to substitute.