[CentOS] Yum and upgrading PHP

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Wed Nov 25 21:16:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:35:53PM -0800, ML wrote:
> Well I thought a yum upgrade would get a php update if it was
> available, but there was nothing, so I tried a normal yum upgrade php
> as it would be nice to get to php 5.3.
>
> So must be the mirror I am using doesn't have an upgraded package.

	CentOS does not ship php 5.3; altho it is available from
	some 3rd party repositories.

	There is a php-5.2.9 in the c5-testing repository.

	Please see:

	http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

	Please pay attention to the references to yum-priorities
	if you are going to mix and match repositories.

							John

--
"Which is more believable: In the beginning there was God, who created the
universe, or in the beginning there was nothing, which exploded"

-- <nog>