[CentOS] Amavisd and ClamAV

Tony Molloy

tony.molloy at ul.ie
Fri Nov 27 09:30:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

I want to move my mail server from sendmail to postfix over christmas. I've
got a test server running with the following:

postfix dovecot postgrey amavisd-new clamav spamassassin

I've followed the howto's on the wiki <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos> with the
exception that I installed amavisd-new and clamav from the EPEL repo rather
than rpmforge.

Things work OK with the exception of clamav. When I start  clamav I get the
following error.

[root at newgoext ~]# service clamd.amavisd start
Starting clamd.amavisd: ERROR: Missing argument for option at line 2
ERROR: Can't open/parse the config file /etc/clamd.d/amavisd.conf
                                                           [FAILED]

As this is a test server I'v set selinux to permissive so it doesn't look like
a selinux problem.

Thanks,

Tony

--