[CentOS] CentOS 5 and DRPM

Janez Kosmrlj postnalista at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 27 10:14:49 UTC 2009

OK I figgured out the client part. But unfortunately this was the easy part.
I still can't figure out, what i'm doing wrong on the server.
I tried installing deltarpm package from epel and the newest createrepo
package from atrpms (deltarpm from here won't install because it is build
against a newer rpm package and I don't like to change the rpm package on my
system).
But when i run:* createrepo --database  --deltas  -s sha --oldpackagedirs
/dir /dir* i get some obscure python errors, that I can't figure out.

I tried the same commandon on an fedora 11 machine wiht the default fedora
packages installed and it works without problems. As far as i can see the
versions of createrepo on fedora and centos (the atrpms package) are the
same. the only different part is the python version, but that shouldn't be
the problem, since I looked at the .spec file from createrepo and it only
requires python 2.1 and centos has 2.4.

Does someone have a newer createrepo rpm package, that works on centos?

BR