[CentOS] Centos 5.4 on Acer Aspire One

Tait Clarridge tait at clarridge.ca
Fri Nov 27 19:49:56 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 10:07 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 10:54 -0500, Tait Clarridge wrote:
> > If you want wireless, Fedora is probably the easiest of the two.
>
> It's my understanding that Centos now includes support for the wireless
> networking in the Acer Aspire One.
>
> >  Any
> > specific reasons why you want CentOS on a netbook? More specifically
> > why
> > you want enterprise Linux on your netbook?
>
> It's my last computer with Fedora on it.  Everything else now runs
> Centos.  So I figure that it it will work with Centos (which it
> apparently will) then I would like to have it match the rest of my
> stuff.

Alright. I can understand continuity. I personally keep CentOS for
servers and Fedora for desktops and laptops.

How did you create the Live USB?

You may want to try using either a DVD install image or NetInstall image
after backing up your netbooks drive.

I use uNetbootin to create USB images of DVDs & CDs for use in my
EEEEEEEEEpc.