[CentOS] Centos 5.4 on Acer Aspire One

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Nov 27 23:41:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 15:08 -0800, MHR wrote:
> This doesn't sound right.  You should be able to boot and run from the
> livecd image, whether on an actual CD or on a USB drive, but AFAIK
> livecd images *run*, they don't *install*.

When I boot the Centos livecd I get the white screen that was mentioned
earlier in this thread.

When I installed Fedora on my Acer Aspire One I booted the Fedora livecd
off of a flash drive and clicked on the "install to hard drive" icon
that was on the livecd's desktop.  I had planned to do the same thing
with Centos but can't because I get that white screen almost instantly
when I boot the livecd.  (I don't even get to see the initial grub
screen.)