[CentOS] AIDE or OSSEC on CentOS 5.4 x86_64?

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Sun Nov 29 00:55:29 UTC 2009

David McGuffey wrote:
> Starting with a fresh load and after I finish hardening the load
> following the Center for Internet Security (CIS) guidance, I'm wondering
> whether AIDE or OSSEC would be a better intrusion detection system.
<snip>
We've just started with OSSEC at work. I'm told they'd tried AIDE before I
started, and it gave a *humongous* number of warnings. OSSEC is bad enough,
when I do a yum update, for example.

	mark

--
"This country has medicalized social problems.  Instead of being
concerned about widescale unemployment, underemployment, and job