[CentOS] NetworkManager constantly overwriting /etc/resolve.conf - how to disable?

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 22:13:39 UTC 2009

On 29/11/09 22:43, Rob Kampen wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a CentOS 5.4 server-only installation, i.e. no X installed, and
>> for some odd reason /etc/resolve.conf gets overwritten by
>> NetworkManager on a constant basis. I haven't been able to track down
>> how often, but I think it's on the hour, or something.
> As I recall there was a thread about this a few weeks ago.
> Please show your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX contents.

Add to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX
The following 2 lines :
PEERDNS=no
NM_CONTROLLED=no

Line 1 tells the the if commands not to override /etc/resolv.conf
Line 2 tells NetworkManager that it doens't have control over that
ethernet controller

--
Toshaan <toshlinux at gmail.com> - http://www.toshaan.be