[CentOS] /etc/cron.weekly/99-raid-check

Farkas Levente

lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Mon Nov 30 13:08:56 UTC 2009

hi,
it's been a few weeks since rhel/centos 5.4 released and there were many
discussion about this new "feature" the weekly raid partition check.
we've got a lot's of server with raid1 system and i already try to
configure them not to send these messages, but i'm not able ie. i
already add to the SKIP_DEVS all of my swap partitions (since i read it
on linux-kernel list that there can be mismatch_cnt even though i still
not understand why?). but even the data partitions (ie. all of my
servers all raid1 partitions) produce this error (ie. ther mismatch_cnt
is never 0 at the weekend). and this cause all of my raid1 partitions
are rebuild during the weekend. and i don't like it:-(
so my questions:
- is it a real bug in the raid1 system?
- is it a real bug in my disk which runs raid (not really believe since
it's dozens of servers)?
- the /etc/cron.weekly/99-raid-check is wrong in rhel/centos-5.4?
or what's the problem?
can someone enlighten me?
thanks in advance.
regards.