[CentOS] Change system-wide default configuration for FF and OO with /etc/skel

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Mon Nov 30 17:59:13 UTC 2009

Robert Heller a écrit :

> There is a file named 'prefs.js' in the
> ~/.mozilla/firefox/<mumble>.default/ directory.

Now this creates another problem. I manually tested this, and it works
ok. But when I try to work with /etc/skel, I have some unexpected
behaviour.

Say I put prefs.js in /etc/skel/.mozilla/firefox/yahonga.default

When I create my user, his ~/.mozilla now has two prefs.js files.

1) in /etc/skel/.mozilla/firefox/yahonga.default

2) in /etc/skel/.mozilla/firefox/yatahongaga.default

Now where does this catwalksonthekeyboard.default directory come from?
What is it possibly good for? And, more interestingly, how can I put my
user preferences under /etc/skel/.mozilla so Firefox actually finds them
without me having to jump through burning loops first?

Cheers,

Niki