[CentOS] Problem when opening files after installing OpenOffice 3.1 on CentOS 5.4

Mon Nov 9 20:40:01 UTC 2009
Mathieu Baudier <mbaudier at argeo.org>

Hi,

I have installed OpenOffice 3.1 downloaded from the openoffice.org
website on CentOS 5.4 x86_64.

The downloaded file is actually an archive containing RPMs.
I did not use their setup tool but installed directly the RPMs I was
interested in via 'yum localinstall' (my idea is in the future to put
them on a custom yum repository, so that they can be managed via
regular yum install / update).

It works fine, except that when I double-click on, say, *.odt files in
the file browser I get the following exception:

Cannot open xxxxxxx.odt
The filename "xxxxxxx.odt" indicates that this file is of type "odt
document". The contents of the file indicate that the file is of type
"OpenDocument Text".

If I do a right-click, Open with... > Open Office Writer 3.1, it opens
the file properly.

1. Did anybody already experienced that?
2. Do you know where I can manage the file types in GNOME?

I have already added Open Office 3.1 as the default application to
open such files (Right-click, Properties > Open With)

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu