[CentOS] Fedora 11 i386 Evolution address book --> CentOS 5.4 x86_64

Sat Nov 28 14:53:10 UTC 2009
David McGuffey <davidmcguffey at verizon.net>

Finally moved my home desktop from Fedora to CentOS.  My spouse was
unhappy with me upgrading from F9-->F10-->f11 etc and wanted something
more stable.

I built a second machine which is now running in parallel to the old F11
desktop.  I moved my data (mail and files) from the F11 box to the
CentOS 5.4 box.  I used tar to move everything. Mail and files
transferred A-OK...but the Evolution address book did not.

Any tips on getting the old /home/.../.evolution/addressbook which
worked with the version of Evolution on the new machine with an older
version of Evolution?

BTW, on CentOS, I cannot add new addresses to the address book.  User_id
on the new machine is the same as on the old machine, so perms should
not be the problem. I checked the selinux context and it is the same as
everything else in /home

If I do a forced reinstall of Evolution would it mess up the mail files?

DaveM