[CentOS] DoveCot and Postfix Setup? or Zimbra?

Sun Nov 1 19:54:29 UTC 2009
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

ML wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have not really setup e-mail serving on Linux before by myself. I have a setup now where it was setup for me running Dovecot and postfix. The setup works. I want to set this up again on my own system.
>
> Does anyone have a good tutorial?
>
> Zimbra...does it replace dovecot and postfx setup?

Zimbra is a Microsoft Exchange Server compatible groupware server, for
use with Microsoft Outlook in enterprise mode, with features like
calendar scheduling, shared mail folders, groupware applications
development, etc.

If you want a conventional POP/IMAP mail server, dovecot (or cyrus) and
postfix (or sendmail) is just fine.

since you didn't state what your parameters are (is this for a few
users, or for 100s/1000s, etc), its pretty hard to make recommendations.