[CentOS] nm-applet with wlan0 in CentOS 5.4

Mon Nov 2 14:54:02 UTC 2009
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

Bernard Lheureux wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I would like to find a soluce fo a very annoying problem I have since
> I've installed CentOS 5 on my Lenovo R60 Laptop...
> Everything works correctly excepted a small thing, the nm-applet of
> NetworkManager-gnome always report my wlan0 in error status, even when
> my wifi network is connected correctly and working without problem...
> It behaves as if wlanx intefaces were not recognized by nm-applet...
> How can I solve this ?
>
> PS: every packages of this machie are up-tu-date in CentOS 5.4
> Thanks for your help

Hi Bernard,

Strange as i had myself a R60 (as you know it ;-) ) and never had this
issue. I was really happy that it didn't need anymore the ipw3945d
daemon and was using iwlagn kernel module / iwl3945-firmware instead.
What does the log say about that 'error' ?

Fabian Arrotin
idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain`
test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init 6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh