[CentOS] Free or low cost online backup?

Mon Nov 2 21:27:46 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Matt <lm7812 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know a free or low cost online backup
>> system for CentOS?
>
> Just google for -- cheap vps centos -- and see what you find.  You can
> SCP your compressed backups into an account quite easily.  We do this
> for a mysql database backup.  You could also use a cheap web hosting
> account with FTP access.  Make sure you encrypt anything first if
> needed though.
>
> Matt

Matt: In many posts I've read on webhostingtalk.com  the TOS of most
web hosting providers prohibits using the web space they provide for
file storage.  Probably BQ or another service is the way to go.