[CentOS] OFFTOPIC MAILSERVER PROBLEM WITH JAMMCONSULTING.COM Re: Free or low cost online backup?

Tue Nov 3 13:55:02 UTC 2009
Drew <drew.kay at gmail.com>

> Your neil and webmaster addresses reject mail from sasktel.net (the
> largest ISP in Saskatchewan, Canada), my own mailserver
> (melvilletheatre.com), and gmail.com.
>
> Your mailserver definitely needs some attention and repair.

Not to be an ass Frank but have you considered the mail config on your end?

I had a look at your server's IP/DNS info and I'm reasonably certain
it appears on my default blocklist/spamlist as well. Why? Because the
IP you use appears to be assigned by your ISP to a residential
DSL/Cable pool. A lot of spam filters mark emails from those ranges as
automatically suspect or outright reject them. This is because the
ranges marked for residential use usually have Terms of Service that
prohibit running public facing services so a lot of spam filters
automatically consider any email server in those ranges to be rogue.

If that's not the case and you have a business grade line, I'd suggest
having a chat with your ISP to get that corrected. Our company's ISP,
Telus, assigns 'clean' IP blocks for the commercial grade DSL lines we
have.

I can't speak to GMail's issues but I have noticed that ISP's
occasionally get blacklisted if their email servers get used for
relaying. I had this issue several years back out west here in BC with
Shaw Cable getting but on Spamhaus' RBL till they changed their email
policies. You used to be able to send email with *any* sender address
as long as you had a valid login with Shaw. That has since been
changed.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie