[CentOS] Right way to set IO scheduler on CentOS

Fri Nov 6 04:39:13 UTC 2009
Ryan Wagoner <rswagoner at gmail.com>

Edit /etc/grub.conf and add elevator=deadline to the end of the kernel
line. For example

title CentOS (2.6.18-128.4.1.el5)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-128.4.1.el5 ro root=LABEL=/ elevator=deadline
        initrd /initrd-2.6.18-128.4.1.el5.img

Ryan