[CentOS] administering an MS Windows partition under Linux

Fri Nov 6 20:04:43 UTC 2009

> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Neil Aggarwal <neil at jammconsulting.com>
> wrote:
>>> If I have a dual-boot machine (Linux and Windows) would I have any
>>> good tools under Linux that would allow me to look at the content of
>>> the Windows boot partition, administer it, clean up the registry,
<snip>
> I know how to mount Windows partitions under Linux. That's not a
> problem. The problem is, what do I do afterwards? Are there any tools
> I could use to go through the content of that partition with a view of
> turning it into a working Windows XP installation.

The only thing I know is the password cracker, which boots Linux, of
course, and mounts the Windoze partition, then walks you through resetting
the password. I *think* it lets you do some other things, *maybe* (it's
been nearly three years since I needed it) has a tool for the registry.

I'm having trouble googling it - I'm being prevented by security here.

      mark