[CentOS] USB disks for VMs in kvm, 5.4 x86_64

Sun Nov 8 03:15:40 UTC 2009
S.Tindall <tindall.satwth at brandxmail.com>

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 18:49 -0500, David McGuffey wrote:
> Have a fresh install of 5.4 x86_64 with kvm. Created a WinXP VM and it
> works well.  Now trying to get the VM to use a usb thumb-dirve.  I
> seemed to have hit a wall trying to figure out how to configure it.
>
> Any tips?
>
> DaveM

libvirt.org is your friend.

There is a section on usb:

http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsUSB

I remember getting a usb flash drive hotplug to work with an winxp guest
under F10/kvm, but do not remember the details offhand. Seems like it
was covered on the fedora-virt ML maybe 6-9 months ago.

Sorry my memory isn't better. ;-)

Steve